text by Nektaria, picture by Daniela (and yes, that is one of MY all time favourite songs).
Yesterday a friend of mine asked me to make a top-20 of my favorite songs for her, because she likes my taste in music, which is probably the best compliment I could receive. Music is life. I might not know how to write songs, or play an instrument, I might not being able to carry a tune but music is big part of my life. It’s where I turn when I feel happy, lost, confused or sad. I don’t like one particular kind of music. I just love tunes, rhythms, words, I love whatever sounds good to my ear that’s why you will find all kinds of music in my lists.
I found the list thing to be very challenging but I managed to write down the 20 songs that right now cause me many feelings when I listen to them. I didn’t include any songs in Greek cause so…
Here’s my top 20 songs, right now, because music, taste and people change rapidly so tomorrow the list may be different.
(The songs are not in any particular order… well except for number one… this will always be my number one song)
1. Bent- Matchbox20
2. To be human- Marina
3. Humo- Jarabe de Palo
4. Sei solo tu- Nek ft. Laura Pausini
5. La voglia che non vorei- Nek
6. La prospettiva di me- Laura Pausini
7. Let me be- Christos Mastoras ft. Rita Wilson
8. 1957- Milo Greene
9. My love will never die- Clare Wyndam
10. True Faith- New order
11. Your ghost- Greg Laswell(cover)
12. Signs of the time- Harry Styles
13. Life for rent- Dido
14. Chasing cars- Snow patrol
15. ÜBerlin- REM
16. Loco- Enrique Iglesias ft Romeo Santos
17. Wish you were here- Pink Floyd
18. It’s my life- Bon Jovi
19. Qué vedrá-Zaz
20. I don’t want to change you- Damien Rice
I know that I haven’t included many songs that played an important role in my life and I’m certain that I forgot many more but this is it…
What are you most favorite songs? Tells us in your comments!