My beautiful babies,
One day (sooner than I'd like) you will be all grown-up and make your own way in the world. Watching you turn into self-confident, sassy, smart and kind little people makes me happier than you'll ever know and infinitely proud of you both. I'd like to pass on a few things, in no particular order, that I picked up over the years:
1. Always make your bed in the mornings. It's at least one thing you'll have accomplished that day.
2. Find work you love, it'll make your life so much easier and happier.
3. Fruits and vegetables will keep you healthy and fit, a slice of cake or a burger every once in a while will keep you sane.
4. Chocolate is food for the soul. Shared chocolate has no calories.
5. Wear whatever you want, people will always have an opinion anyways.
6. Don't be likeable, be authentic.
7. If there is a god, she speaks to us through music and literature.
8. Love all, trust few, do wrong to none.
9. You can be friends with men and women...
10... but make sure, they lift you up and are always there for you.
11. Treat people, and especially your friends, like you want to be treated: with respect and kindness.
12. Collect adventures and experiences, not money.
13. It's okay to make mistakes, but learn from them.
14. Never let anyone tell you what you can and can't do- you are infinitely capable!
15. Doubt yourself in private, but not in public.
16. It's okay to cry. Yes, even in public.
17. When you feel overwhelmed, make time for a walk outside.
18. We all fall down, getting back up is the important bit.
19. Don't waste time on people, who don't treat you like the queen you are.
20. You are beautiful and unique.
21. Take in other people's advice...
22. .. but rememer: YOU still need to able to look at yourself in the mirror the next morning.
23. Look to the strong, independent, smart women who have changed to world for inspiration.
24. You will always be welcome at home.
25. Always remember: Mama loves you more than the sun and the moon and the stars...
26.... and Papa, too.